Tuesday, July 1, 2008

La Quinta


The La Quinta Resort and Spa has long been popular with the Hollywood crowd, since it was first established in the 1920s. So, when work needed someone to help entertain the summer interns during an all-expenses paid weekend to the resort, I did my part as a good company man and volunteered to sacrifice my weekend to stay at the resort.
My bungalow was larger than my apartment in Huntington, so I guess that helped to ease the pain of this annoying little corporate trip.
Oh, and they did feed us filet mignon for dinner. But, the taquitos they served us for appetizers left something to be desired. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain because I hear some people don't even get retreats at their work. Maybe Barack Obama can do something about that.

2 comments:

ericareynolds said...

You always were extremely self-sacrificing. :)

Angie said...

Man it really sucks to be you! :)