Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Idaho Roots

I'm told this innocuous looking barn and little red school house is the base of a complicated international drug smuggling ring. It's the only explanation for the enterprise's inexplicable longevity. And, the neighbors have seen things.Main Street in Rigby Idaho was once home to the venerable institution Hayes Chainsaw and Video Rental. I'm proud to be related to the people who created the only store in the world where you could both buy a chainsaw and rent the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a one-stop shopping experience. Main Street Rigby was also home to one of the last old-fashioned soda fountains in the West. I got to experience the Reed Drug fountain firsthand with my Grandpa before Reed Drug Burned down in the 80s.

Grandma's house is always full of interesting things to look at. I thought you might like looking at some of the things on her wall.
Maybe I'll post some more pictures of Idaho later.