Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Christmas at Melville


Merry Christmas!

On Saturday that is.

The girls at Melville House celebrated Christmas on Saturday. When I arrived home from a morning run with my buddy Amanda, I was greeted by a warm house, a pile of presents, crooning Christmas music, and a table set immaculately for breakfast. It was a little like walking into the Christmas catalog house at the end of The Miracle on 34th Street, so naturally, it was impossible not to linger for two-plus hours enjoying the food and the company post roommate gift giving (for Sarah's description of the menu for breakfast and a fabulous dinner party we had later that night, along with a few more pictures, see here).

We each had a gift for a roomie and the house, and Santa Claus left us all a surprise in the form of a gorgeous coffee table for our heretofore empty front room. There was an unintentional theme of polka dots (polka dots are the new black, we are now wont to say) including Karren's shoes, the lining to Sarah's jewelry box, and Reija's PJs. My gift, wrapped in dotted paper, is now in residence on the front of the linen closet that doubles as my dresser--porcelain hand knobs in the shape of roses. New curtains, picture frames, and a colander for our kitchen rounded out the new additions to Melville house, currently my favorite place to be.

Someday I'll find a camera to take real pictures of the house--for now, these snapshots from my 'puter will have to do.

2 comments:

chayes said...

It is fun to finally see some pictures of the "Melville House". It looks really nice. I'm glad you were able to have such a nice second Christmas!

ericareynolds said...

I'm just glad to actually see a post. Nice to know you are alive Michelle! Oh, and the house looks really cute too. Love the polka dot cups!