Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Macbeth

 


So...If you are wondering where I have been or what I have been doing? This is it! I told Justin that as soon as I saw the score I should have put it down turned around and walked out of the production studio. With well over 100 pages of music to learn, I started working on my music 3 weeks before musical rehearsals started.(I never do this..especially since my rehearsal time includes my two little monkeys climbing all over me banging out there own tune on the piano as I try to learn mine.) Tonight, could be our last musical rehearsal, as Susanne(chorus master extraordinaire) promises that if we are brilliant she will cancel tomorrow nights rehearsal. Let's pray for this people..I sure would like a night off. I have to admit now that all the hard work is done, it is a great sing..so come see Utah Opera's production of MACBETH Oct 17th thru 25th. Verdi's ( or as Justin likes to call him Green) music is beautiful...although I am still baffled why he penned most of the Witches chorus' in major keys. They sound way to happy, lyrical and fun for the text that goes with them (ie..the finger of a strangled baby..YIKES!!) as Susanne says we need a little less Glinda and a lot more Wicked.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

chayes said...

I hope we get to see this one!