Monday, June 8, 2009

Guess who are "Real" Parents now!

No more dropping the kids off at Mom and Dad's and pretending we are young and childless, as we drive around in our compact, gas friendly, "we could still be single car". We have succumb to the allure of the Minivan. Sliding doors that open with the click of a button, built in kid sitter (DVD), and enough cargo space to haul the stroller and the groceries( even if we go to Costco). I have to admit I have been very reluctant to take this step and for years. Justin has been the one spouting the merits of this family friendly vehicle, but when we were out shopping and Justin wanted a SUV...I just couldn't give up those sliding doors!!! So, now I say to the world....HEY! I'M A MOM! and I have the stretch marks and minivan to prove it!

4 comments:

Tamie said...

YIPPIEE!!!! i think that min-vans are the BOMB ;)
my husband was driving one a few weeks ago when we borrowed one from a friend to tote the new flatscreen tv (47-inch---must be a boy thing....) -- he wasn't too happy about it -- we're still driving in the "could-be-single" ford focus -- by this time next year, though, we'll have joined the ranks of the mini-van crowd :)

ericareynolds said...

Congratulations and welcome to the secret society of minivan owners. Our slogan is " We are cool in our own way!" By the way, you aren't allowed to join unless you have a couple of stretch marks. It's true. I can't wait to check it out when we come to visit and give you your membership card! :)

Lindsay said...

No you didn't!!! I love it!! When are you taking us for a spin???

Meek Family said...

I agree, I love my minivan. And the sliding doors are a must have, can't live without it, I'd rather give up my eye teeth, when I'm out with 3 kids.