Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mud Run


I ran a 10k on Saturday. Well, really it was more like an obstacle course that happened to be 10 kilometers long. Some friends on mine wanted to run the bi-annual Camp Pendleton Mud Run, but it was sold out. So, instead we signed up for a mud run in Bakersfield called the Volkslauf (I have no idea what that means). The race was billed as a mud run, but I had no idea that that would mean swimming in mud. At certain points were completely submersed in mud and climbing through tunnels halfway filled with muddy water. It was tons of fun.


Unfortunately, of my team of four, only two of us finished the race. Melissa tore her MCL shortly into the race and Brian helped her find medical assistance. Shannon and I were a little bit ahead of them, so we didn’t notice it happen and finished the race. We all had a good time despite the injury, except maybe Melissa. The race even made CNN. Check it out:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/10/15/ca.mud.run.kero

3 comments:

chayes said...

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I could never do that race! I hate being dirty. The video was fun to see! You get the gold medal for trying something new and different!

ericareynolds said...

Love the pics! You sure are a dirty boy! ;)

Angie said...

Wow....you're hard core! I love it.