Friday, July 13, 2007

Conversations with the kids

Jackson: Mom, I want to get on your scale to see how big I am.
Me: Okay
Jackson: Is 30 pounds big?
Me: Yes. Very.
Jackson: Mom, your turn. Let's see how big you are!
Me: No, I'd rather not.
Jackson: Because you might break it?


Today in the car:

Jackson: Mom, Grandpa told me he swims like a rock.
Kate: Rocks sink to the bottom.
Ella: That means Grandpa will drown! He needs to take swimming lessons.
Jackson: Mom, we should buy Grandpa a floatie.
Kate: Grown-ups don't need floaties.
Jackson: But he'll sink to the bottom of the pool.
ME: (I try to explain that Grandpa meant that he doesn't swim well but still is able to do it and won't drown. This is about the 5th conversation I've had with the kids about this. They are very concerned. Dad, I think you better go swimming with the kids so they don't have to worry anymore!)

3 comments:

Ira said...

Reynold's Kids
I really can swim,but a floatie might be helpful

Angie said...

I would like to see Dad wearing a floating. Better yet I would like to have a picture of Dad wearing a floatie.

mcampbell said...

ha ha ha ha. haha. I love it.